Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Internet and Web explorer: 25 years' experience encompassing all aspects of web sites management and deployment of other internet tools.
Strong engineering background. Experienced in research and teaching at the Master level
Since May 2009
- In charge of the full information systems: from the back office (ERM/SIS, extranet), to the website (CMS Drupal) or the deployment of new platforms (SaaS): Project Management, Job Board, CV database, Alumni Association Management...
- This job implies interactions with the Alliance various stakeholders (regular international travels to meet with programme managers, communication directors, academics, students and alumni representatives).
- The latest projects are about exploring Blended Learning and SPOC solution and Competency Based Evaluation.
- For the first years, I was in charge of the Social Network strategy.
- On the production side, management of two developers and coordination with various providers.
- Provision of IT systems to every team members.
to April 2009
NewMedia (Web2.0, Ajax, Prototype ...), Video archives management, MacOSX/Cocoa programming, panoramic imagery and media geolocation.
- Technical research.
Proposition of a reasoned shortlist of web-based solutions for the B2B and B2C video delivery platform of the French Broadcasting Institute (INA).
Selection of an open source ECM (Enterprise Content Management) platform for INA's intranet.
- Project Manager and Ajax developer for Orao : a QuickTime-based web video player that fully emulate a professional video tape recorder user interface (jog shuttle, frame by frame...).
Australian National University
to August 2006
- Academic at the Australian National University (ANU) in the eScience group at the Department of Computer Science (in charge of the first Department's Masters).
- Creation, management and teaching of courses : "NewMedia" (Web2.0), "Computer Graphics" and "Networked Virtual Reality".
- Management of Masters student's projects.
- Research interests : panoramic imagery and media geolocation (GIS : Geographic Information System).
Institut National de l'Audiovisuel (INA)
to September 2000
- Technical team leader for the portal "MediaPort" and INA's web site (supervised a staff of 4 technicians).
- Launched the Internet and web activity within INA from the very first web site in 94 to the intranet.
- Participated actively in organizing international conferences (Imagina, Monaco).
- Designed and implemented large website production tools.
- Strong vision in the selection of technologies used and developed by the team (Apache, Perl, MySQL, QuickTime...).
- Teaching Internet&Web training programme for French broadcasters.
- Lobbyng to develop the Internet in France.
- Technological survey on Virtual Reality.
Marne la Vallée University
to July 1994
- Scientific visualization : How to represent abstract data in 3 dimensions.
- How to introduce the 3rd dimension to the Web : VRML.
- Built the university very first website.
to September 1993
- Develop a Producer-Injector of messages with intent to validate a software package.
Université de Marne-la-Vallée
to September 1995
Virtual Reality / Computer Graphics / 3D on the web (VRML).
Ecole Normale Supérieure d'Ulm, Polytechnique (X) and Paris 6
to June 1994
DEA: One-year postgraduate university degree required before doctoral studies, equivalent to Master of Science in Maths and Computer Graphics (MSc).
Ecole Centrale de Marseille
to September 1991
Physics, Optics, Computing
3-year technical degree in physics engineering (optics, electronics...), equivalent to a Master of Science in Physics (MSc) or a Master of Engineering (MEng).
to September 1988
Math Sup, Math Spé: Intensive undergraduate physics and maths studies to prepare competitive exams for admission to French "grandes écoles" (ENSI : National School of Engineering equivalent to a Master of Science).
Project managementA mix of Agile, Extreme Programming (XP) and Lean
Lecturing/TeachingLecturer at Master level at the Australian National University for 5 years
Information SystemsCMS, ERM, CRM, SIS, SaaS
ResearchVirtual Reality (VR)
Panoramic imagery and media geolocation (GIS : Geographic Information System)
ConsultingVideo on the net, Media Asset Management platforms
Web, InternetI sent my first email in 1990 and produced my first website in 1994
Virtual Reality (VR, AR)
French (Mother tongue)
English (Full professional proficiency)
Double nationality (French/Australian)